Pages

Thursday 4 August 2011

I Scream You Scream We All Love Ice Cream ........








Well, not exactly ice cream more a case of ice lollies.

I had some blackberries that were destined for a blackberry and apple crumble - except that my twelve year old declared that she didn't like blackberries!  They sat in the fridge from Sunday until last night when I decided to make some ice lollies (I was determined to get some blackberries into my daughter) so I cooked the blackberries with a few strawberries to make up the weight to 200g  and cooked them together with two tablespoons of icing sugar.  Today (with my little helper) we pureed them, passed them through a seive and mixed them with 150 grams of yoghurt - spooned them into ice lolly moulds and voila.  She loves them.

We managed to get six small ice lollies - which allowed for a very small amount of tasting along the way.

Hope you are managing to keep cool and enjoy the hot weather.





1 comment:

  1. They look and sound delicious. I love your lolly molds. Good luck with the jam making. Jude x

    ReplyDelete